Thursday, May 7, 2009

Honey, Please Never Buy Me Roses


I am one week into my job at the flower place, and as much as I love my mother, I will be thrilled when this holiday is over. Yesterday we got an order for over a thousand rose bouquets for today. For those of you uncertain on just how many flowers that is, I did the math for you.

  • 1,056 mixed rose bouquets total
  • 12,672 roses (with the thorns on by the way)
  • 3,168 bunches of baby's breath
  • 18 workers
  • 4 hours of work
  • 3 assembly lines
  • 2 very tired roommates
The good news is that since Stefi and I are becoming the same person, we also have the same job. We get to enjoy hours of each others company both in and out of work, and it's quite fun to confuse our co-workers who don't know we live together with phrases like, "no one even loves you."

Well, I have the day off tomorrow and will be splitting my time between my bed, the pool, and Sonic. Growing up I used to want to be a florist and spend all day around flowers, but after today, all I can say is please honey, never buy me a mixed rose bouquet.

1 comment:

  1. I just saw this after I bought my mother a bouquet of mixed roses online.

    Oh what a wonderful world.

    ReplyDelete